- Stock: In Stock
- Brand: Tecan
- Product Code: 46319
Made in 2020
Brand new one costs over $60,000
This Tecan Resolvex A200 96 ppSPE Workstation is in good working order.
Please see the exact video and photos below.
Testing we performed:
The Tecan Resolvex A200 96 ppSPE Workstation passed all tests and was found to be fully functional:
Power up: PASSED
Touch Screen: PASSED
Full range of motion of robot arm: PASSED
Pneumatic Clamp: PASSED
Air flow through full operating range: PASSED
Pump Diverter operation: PASSED
Pump operation: PASSED
Solvent dispensing: PASSED
System consists of:
Tecan Resolvex A200 Automated ppSPE Workstation
Standard power cord.
Configuration and Setup:
Programmable pressure profiles from 0-5 bar
Automated 8-channel dispenser for 11 solvents
Restricted-flow pressure manifold allows uniform pressure application
Supports 96 well plates or variable number of framed 1ml columns
Operates NBE, Cerex or suitable third party columns
Automated column drying and slight evaporation function
For difficult and dirty matrices
Easy to learn and freely programmable via touch screen
The video gives an overview of the Tecan Resolvex A200 96 ppSPE Workstation, and also performs functionality.
Datasheet: Tecan Resolvex A200 96 ppSPE Workstation
Brochure: Tecan Resolvex A200 96 ppSPE Workstation
Manual: Tecan Resolvex A200 96 ppSPE Workstation
This will ship via freight. Please contact us with your zip code to obtain shipping quote.
*SM* Small Crate
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Here we are showing you our standard packing process
1. All items are different, but they all follow the same principle when packaging.
2. Start with a well-constructed crate
A well-constructed crate would consist of 1/2” to 5/8” Plywood with framing. We generally purchase our crates from a third party who specializes in custom crates.
3. You always want the Instrument to not be directly on the wood deck of the crate. This is done by placing it on foam, inside of the crate. We use 2” 1.7 lb. density foam which works great. It provides cushioning and enough firmness to support the Instrument.
4. The next step is to make sure there is nothing on the deck of the Instrument and the Head/ Arm is secured. In some cases there will be multiple arms to secure but for this example there is only one. The reason for this is so there is no free movement during transit which could cause serious damage to the Instrument.
5. The next step is to make sure your Instrument is covered in either a pallet bag or shrink wrap so no dust or foreign object will get into the crate.
6. The next step is to secure the instrument inside the crate by bracing. We use a method of 2x4’s which have 1” foam shrink wrapped to them so no piece of wood touches the actual instrument.
7. Final step is to photograph everything inside the crate and then seal it with screws.
All equipment warranty request must have a support case opened within the 60-day Domestic USA and 30-day International warranty period.
To open a support case, please send an email to [email protected] or call (508)974-4896.
Please provide your name, contact information, quotation/invoice number and a brief description of the issue that you are experiencing.
Phone and/or Email support will be provided prior to scheduling a return.
Please see the link below for our detailed warranty statement.
Customers must retain all original shipping materials during the warranty period.