- Stock: In Stock
- Brand: Thermo Scientific
- Product Code: 41483
Here is a Thermo Scientific Exactive Mass Spectrometer Pred Plus Orbitrap
Current model is Exactive Plus Orbitrap
This Thermo Scientific Exactive Mass Spectrometer is in good working order.
Please see the exact video and photos below.
Testing we performed:
The Thermo Scientific Exactive Mass Spectrometer passed all tests and was found to be fully functional:
Tested power on: PASSED
Established communication with the software: PASSED
Established good roughing pump and high vacuum readings: PASSED
Ran 12 hour bakeout. Established good ultra high vacuum reading after bakeout: PASSED
Ran a successful positive ion mode calibration: PASSED
Ran a successful negative ion mode calibration: PASSED
Ran a test with caffeine in ethanol in positive ion mode. The theoretical m/z of protonated caffeine being 195.087652 m/z, and our observed result at 195.088, giving a ppm error of ~1.78.
Part per million (PPM) error is a unit that refers to a mass spectrometer's mass measurement accuracy.
The value is the number of ions, out of 1 million, whose measured mass does not exactly match their theoretical mass.
Taking our calculated ppm error, 1.78, and converting it to a percentage, gives us 0.000178%.
This value means the percentage of ions entering the detector that are measured to have their theoretical mass is 99.999822%.
System consists of:
Thermo Exactive Orbitrap Mass Spectrometer
Edwards E2M30 vacuum pump (with required tubing and fixtures)
TrendNet 5-port network switch (with 2 ethernet cables, and 1 5-15p power cable)
Computer running ExactiveTune, Xcalibur, and all prerequisites installed. (with charger)
Communication and power cables.
Configuration and Setup:
Detector Type: "Orbitrap" Fourier transform detector
Scan Rate: 1-10 Hz
Mass Accuracy: <5ppm with external calibration <2ppm with internal standard and lock masses
Source: Thermo Scientific API source with ESI probe
Mass Range: 50 - 4000 m/z
The Thermo Scientific Exactive Mass Spectrometer is a stand-alone Orbitrap instrument with an API source for LC/MS high throughput applications.
The Thermo Scientific Exactive Mass Spectrometer is designed to be placed on a bench in a laboratory.
Samples can be introduced into the API source at the front side by a variety of methods including direct infusion (via syringe pump, as in our testing,) or a U-HPLC system.
As default the Thermo Scientific Exactive Mass Spectrometer is delivered with an ESI probe.
The video gives an overview of the Thermo Scientific Exactive Mass Spectrometer, and also performs functionality.
Software Manual: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zsbKRCyoHx96DWm_ICU9-Z0X9rFEHSWW/view?usp=sharing
This will ship via freight. Please contact us with your zip code to obtain shipping quote.
*LA* Large Crate
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Here we are showing you our standard packing process
1. All items are different, but they all follow the same principle when packaging.
2. Start with a well-constructed crate
A well-constructed crate would consist of 1/2” to 5/8” Plywood with framing. We generally purchase our crates from a third party who specializes in custom crates.
3. You always want the Instrument to not be directly on the wood deck of the crate. This is done by placing it on foam, inside of the crate. We use 2” 1.7 lb. density foam which works great. It provides cushioning and enough firmness to support the Instrument.
4. The next step is to make sure there is nothing on the deck of the Instrument and the Head/ Arm is secured. In some cases there will be multiple arms to secure but for this example there is only one. The reason for this is so there is no free movement during transit which could cause serious damage to the Instrument.
5. The next step is to make sure your Instrument is covered in either a pallet bag or shrink wrap so no dust or foreign object will get into the crate.
6. The next step is to secure the instrument inside the crate by bracing. We use a method of 2x4’s which have 1” foam shrink wrapped to them so no piece of wood touches the actual instrument.
7. Final step is to photograph everything inside the crate and then seal it with screws.
All equipment warranty request must have a support case opened within the 60-day Domestic USA and 30-day International warranty period.
To open a support case, please send an email to [email protected] or call (508)974-4896.
Please provide your name, contact information, quotation/invoice number and a brief description of the issue that you are experiencing.
Phone and/or Email support will be provided prior to scheduling a return.
Please see the link below for our detailed warranty statement.
Customers must retain all original shipping materials during the warranty period.