- Stock: In Stock
- Brand: Thermo
- Product Code: 18738
Here is a Thermo Exactive Mass Spectrometer LC/MS Pred Plus Orbitrap
Current model is Exactive Plus Orbitrap
The Thermo Exactive Mass Spectrometer is in good working order and has been successfully calibrated. Cosmetically it is also in great condition.
Please see the exact video and photos below.
Testing we performed:
The Thermo Exactive Mass Spectrometer passed all tests and was found to be fully functional:
Tested power on: PASSED
Tested communication with the software: PASSED
Tested pump and high vacuum readings: PASSED
Ran 12 hour bake-out, established good ultra high vacuum reading after bake-out: PASSED
Ran a successful positive and negative ion mode calibrations: PASSED
Ran a test with caffeine in ethanol in positive ion mode. The theoretical m/z of protonated caffeine being 195.087652 m/z, and our observed result at 195.088, giving a ppm error of 1.783814.
Part per million (PPM) error is a unit that refers to a mass spectrometer's mass measurement accuracy.
The value is the number of ions, out of 1 million, whose measured mass does not exactly match their theoretical mass.
Taking our calculated ppm error, 1.783814, and converting it to a percentage, gives us 0.0001783814%.
This value means the percentage of ions entering the detector that are measured to have their theoretical mass is 99.9998216186%.
System consists of:
Thermo Exactive Mass Spectrometer LC/MS
Leybold Sogevac SV40 BI Vacuum Pump (w/ required tubing and fixtures)
Allied Telesis 5-port network switch
Dell Latitude i5 running ExactiveTune software ver1.1 SP2, Xcalibur, MS Interpreter and all prerequisites installed
Sound dampener for vacuum pump
Communication and power cables.
Configuration and Setup:
Detector Type: "Orbitrap" Fourier transform detector
Scan Rate: 1-10Hz
Mass Accuracy: <5ppm with external calibration <2ppm with internal standard and lock masses
Source: Thermo Scientific API source with ESI probe
Mass Range: 50 - 4000 m/z
The Thermo Exactive Mass Spectrometer is a stand-alone Orbitrap instrument with an API source for LCMS high throughput applications.
The Thermo Exactive Mass Spectrometer instrument is designed to be placed on a bench in a laboratory.
Samples can be introduced into the API source at the front side by a variety of methods including direct infusion (via syringe pump, as in our testing,) or an U-HPLC system.
As default the instrument is delivered with an ESI probe.
The first video shows a full walk around of the Thermo Exactive Mass Spectrometer, highlighting all ports, labels, and IO.
The second video shows the software during the performance of a positive ion mode calibration.
This will ship via freight. Please contact us with your zip code to obtain shipping quote.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Here we are showing you our standard packing process
1. All items are different, but they all follow the same principle when packaging.
2. Start with a well-constructed crate
A well-constructed crate would consist of 1/2” to 5/8” Plywood with framing. We generally purchase our crates from a third party who specializes in custom crates.
3. You always want the Instrument to not be directly on the wood deck of the crate. This is done by placing it on foam, inside of the crate. We use 2” 1.7 lb. density foam which works great. It provides cushioning and enough firmness to support the Instrument.
4. The next step is to make sure there is nothing on the deck of the Instrument and the Head/ Arm is secured. In some cases there will be multiple arms to secure but for this example there is only one. The reason for this is so there is no free movement during transit which could cause serious damage to the Instrument.
5. The next step is to make sure your Instrument is covered in either a pallet bag or shrink wrap so no dust or foreign object will get into the crate.
6. The next step is to secure the instrument inside the crate by bracing. We use a method of 2x4’s which have 1” foam shrink wrapped to them so no piece of wood touches the actual instrument.
7. Final step is to photograph everything inside the crate and then seal it with screws.
All equipment warranty request must have a support case opened within the 60-day Domestic USA and 30-day International warranty period.
To open a support case, please send an email to email@example.com or call (508)974-4896.
Please provide your name, contact information, quotation/invoice number and a brief description of the issue that you are experiencing.
Phone and/or Email support will be provided prior to scheduling a return.
Please see the link below for our detailed warranty statement.
Customers must retain all original shipping materials during the warranty period.