- Stock: In Stock
- Brand: Tecan
- Product Code: 19476
Here is a Tecan Freedom EVO-2 150 Liquid Handler w/ Span-8, PosID
Current model. (originally branded by Illumina)
This Tecan Freedom EVO-2 150 Liquid Handler is in good working order.
Please see the exact video and photos below.
Testing we performed:
The Tecan Freedom EVO-2 150 Liquid Handler passed all tests and found to be fully functional:
Tested communication with EVOware 2.7 software: PASSED
Tested system initialization: PASSED
Tested door lock sensors: PASSED
Tested Span-8 aspiration and dispensing: PASSED
Tested fast pump module: PASSED
Random movement test: PASSED
Tested gripper arm plate transfer: PASSED
Tested PosID scanner: PASSED
This Tecan Freedom EVO-2 150 Liquid Handler has been run through methods designed to utilize and verify proper function of all features and to exercise all moving parts.
After verifying all systems are go, we thoroughly clean and lubricate the system to prep for the demonstration video shown in the listing.
Due to this work you can buy confidently knowing this Tecan Freedom EVO-2 150 Liquid Handler is ready to go.
System consists of:
Tecan Freedom EVO-2 150 Liquid Handler
Span-8 Arm with fixed tips
Roma Gripper Arm
PosID3 Barcode scanner
(3) 3-position plate carrier
3-position trough carrier
(8) 1000ul syringe pumps
Dell Latitude i5 running EVOware software ver2.7
Communication and power cables.
Configuration and Setup:
Robotic Arm(s): Span-8, ROMA gripper
Volume: 1 to 1000ul for all channels on Span-8
Application: liquid handling and sample preparation
The video begins with a wide view of the entire Tecan Freedom EVO-2 150 Liquid Handler. A liquid transfer is observed. A gripper plate transfer is observed.
The camera moves 360 degrees around the Tecan Freedom EVO-2 150 Liquid Handler showing all sides and the serial number. The camera returns to the original position.
QC Report: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SUk0Uwq6gAwLwkYRMcF9oyurobclJegJ/view?usp=sharing
Movement Test: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Akb7F-84wJ8LdVhF1qn1xV14iaNpkHnO/view?usp=sharing
This will ship via freight. Please contact us with your zip code to obtain shipping quote.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Here we are showing you our standard packing process
1. All items are different, but they all follow the same principle when packaging.
2. Start with a well-constructed crate
A well-constructed crate would consist of 1/2” to 5/8” Plywood with framing. We generally purchase our crates from a third party who specializes in custom crates.
3. You always want the Instrument to not be directly on the wood deck of the crate. This is done by placing it on foam, inside of the crate. We use 2” 1.7 lb. density foam which works great. It provides cushioning and enough firmness to support the Instrument.
4. The next step is to make sure there is nothing on the deck of the Instrument and the Head/ Arm is secured. In some cases there will be multiple arms to secure but for this example there is only one. The reason for this is so there is no free movement during transit which could cause serious damage to the Instrument.
5. The next step is to make sure your Instrument is covered in either a pallet bag or shrink wrap so no dust or foreign object will get into the crate.
6. The next step is to secure the instrument inside the crate by bracing. We use a method of 2x4’s which have 1” foam shrink wrapped to them so no piece of wood touches the actual instrument.
7. Final step is to photograph everything inside the crate and then seal it with screws.
All equipment warranty request must have a support case opened within the 60-day Domestic USA and 30-day International warranty period.
To open a support case, please send an email to email@example.com or call (508)974-4896.
Please provide your name, contact information, quotation/invoice number and a brief description of the issue that you are experiencing.
Phone and/or Email support will be provided prior to scheduling a return.
Please see the link below for our detailed warranty statement.
Customers must retain all original shipping materials during the warranty period.