- Stock: In Stock
- Brand: Abbott
- Product Code: 26489
Here is an Tecan EVO 150 Liquid Handler SPAN-8/GRIPPER/POSID3
This is a standard Tecan Instrument branded by Abbott
Made in 2019
- This system is equipped with a Span8 arm that allows for a liquid transfer up to 1000ul
- This system is able to perform Plate to Plate transfers
- This system is able to perform Reservoir to Plate transfers
- This system is able to perform Test Tube to Plate transfers
- The included gripper allows the labware to be moved around the deck
- This is a disposable tip system to prevent cross-contamination
- The addition of the POSID 3 scanner allows for sample tracking throughout the method
- This system will be correctly packed for safe shipping either domestically and internationally
Please see the exact video and photos below
This Tecan EVO 150 Liquid Handler is in good working order.
Testing we performed:
The Tecan EVO 150 Liquid Handler passed all tests and was found to be fully functional:
Tested communication with EVOware software: PASSED
Tested system initialization: PASSED
Tested door lock sensors: PASSED
Tested Span-8 aspiration and dispensing: PASSED
Tested fast pump module: PASSED
Random movement test: PASSED
Tested gripper arm plate transfer: PASSED
System consists of:
Tecan Evo 150 Liquid Handler
Span-8 disposable tip arm
ROMA Plate gripper arm
PosID 3 barcode reader
(8) tube carriers
(3) 3-position flat plate carriers
(3) moveable hanging tip rack positions
3-position trough carrier
Computer running Freedom EVOware software with Evoware Dongle.
Communication and power cables
Configuration and Setup:
Robotic Arm(s): Span-8, Gripper
Volume: 1 to 1000ul
Tips: disposable 50, 200, and 1000ul can be used
Application: liquid handling and sample preparation
The video gives an overview of the Tecan EVO 150 Liquid Handler, and also performs functionality.
After that we perform functionality of all features of the Tecan EVO 150 Liquid Handler system.
*The video below shows the exact instrument shown in this listing.*
Whenever applicable the video demonstrates the operation of all liquid handling arms by conducting liquid transfer, grippers by performing microplate or vial transfers, and showing the operation of other installed options.
The video below is provided to demonstrate the instrument’s functionality and condition.
Move Test: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ar8QVVXomPlLIpffXOX8EnAtjSnCjml1/view?usp=sharing
This will ship via freight. Please contact us with your zip code to obtain shipping quote.
*LO* Long Crate
OB Packed Weight - 700lb
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Here we are showing you our standard packing process
1. All items are different, but they all follow the same principle when packaging.
2. Start with a well-constructed crate
A well-constructed crate would consist of 1/2” to 5/8” Plywood with framing. We generally purchase our crates from a third party who specializes in custom crates.
3. You always want the Instrument to not be directly on the wood deck of the crate. This is done by placing it on foam, inside of the crate. We use 2” 1.7 lb. density foam which works great. It provides cushioning and enough firmness to support the Instrument.
4. The next step is to make sure there is nothing on the deck of the Instrument and the Head/ Arm is secured. In some cases there will be multiple arms to secure but for this example there is only one. The reason for this is so there is no free movement during transit which could cause serious damage to the Instrument.
5. The next step is to make sure your Instrument is covered in either a pallet bag or shrink wrap so no dust or foreign object will get into the crate.
6. The next step is to secure the instrument inside the crate by bracing. We use a method of 2x4’s which have 1” foam shrink wrapped to them so no piece of wood touches the actual instrument.
7. Final step is to photograph everything inside the crate and then seal it with screws.
All equipment warranty request must have a support case opened within the 60-day Domestic USA and 30-day International warranty period.
To open a support case, please send an email to [email protected] or call (508)974-4896.
Please provide your name, contact information, quotation/invoice number and a brief description of the issue that you are experiencing.
Phone and/or Email support will be provided prior to scheduling a return.
Please see the link below for our detailed warranty statement.
Customers must retain all original shipping materials during the warranty period.