- Stock: In Stock
- Brand: Perkin Elmer
- Product Code: 44586
Here is a Perkin Elmer Zephyr G3 NGS Liquid Handler
Please note this does not include software, you will need to obtain it from Perkin Elmer. This system new is around $110,000.
- This system is equipped with a 96 multichannel head that allows for a liquid transfer up to 200ul
- This system is able to do plate to plate transfers
- This system is able to do plate to tube transfers
- This system is compatible with either 96 or 384 well plates
This Perkin Elmer Zephyr G3 NGS Liquid Handler has some minor cosmetic defects but is in good physical condition.
We were unable to test this instrument due to not having the right software, but it came out of a working lab and is assumed functional.
The instrument does power on and display a green indicator light.
Testing we performed:
Remove from a working lab.
System consists of:
Perkin Elmer Zephyr G3
High volume head 1-200uL
Integrated 4-110C thermal locater
Integrated 4-70C thermal shaker
Disposable tip waste chute
Communication and power cables.
*This system will require a new computer and software from the manufacturer for $7,300*
Configuration and Setup:
This Perkin Elmer Zephyr G3 NGS Liquid Handler has a standardized deck layout for consistent protocol development and transportability.
This machine is configured with:
96-channel pipetting head
Voltage: 100-240V AC
The video gives an overview of the Perkin Elmer Zephyr G3 NGS Liquid Handler.
This will ship via freight. Please contact us with your zip code to obtain shipping quote.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Here we are showing you our standard packing process
1. All items are different, but they all follow the same principle when packaging.
2. Start with a well-constructed crate
A well-constructed crate would consist of 1/2” to 5/8” Plywood with framing. We generally purchase our crates from a third party who specializes in custom crates.
3. You always want the Instrument to not be directly on the wood deck of the crate. This is done by placing it on foam, inside of the crate. We use 2” 1.7 lb. density foam which works great. It provides cushioning and enough firmness to support the Instrument.
4. The next step is to make sure there is nothing on the deck of the Instrument and the Head/ Arm is secured. In some cases there will be multiple arms to secure but for this example there is only one. The reason for this is so there is no free movement during transit which could cause serious damage to the Instrument.
5. The next step is to make sure your Instrument is covered in either a pallet bag or shrink wrap so no dust or foreign object will get into the crate.
6. The next step is to secure the instrument inside the crate by bracing. We use a method of 2x4’s which have 1” foam shrink wrapped to them so no piece of wood touches the actual instrument.
7. Final step is to photograph everything inside the crate and then seal it with screws.
All equipment warranty request must have a support case opened within the 60-day Domestic USA and 30-day International warranty period.
To open a support case, please send an email to [email protected] or call (508)974-4896.
Please provide your name, contact information, quotation/invoice number and a brief description of the issue that you are experiencing.
Phone and/or Email support will be provided prior to scheduling a return.
Please see the link below for our detailed warranty statement.
Customers must retain all original shipping materials during the warranty period.