- Stock: In Stock
- Brand: Leica
- Product Code: 27234
Here is a Leica S8 APO Stereo Fluorescence Microscope Stereoscope
- This microscope can be used for biological and material studies.
- Enhancing components, such as fluorescence filters have been added.
- The total magnification range with 10x eyepieces is 6.3x to 50.4x.
- The total object field of view is 36.5 to 4.6mm
- The working distance to the from the objective is 101mm
- This microscope is compatible with slides, petri dishes, and microplates
- This microscope is completely mechanical.
- The fluorescence light source included is a Metal Halide lamp with a bulb lifespan of 2,000 hours +.
- The included camera software allows for live viewing and image/video capture with variable linear measurements such as line segment, radius values, and others.
- The easy to use interface also allows for customization for color and resolution settings.
This Leica S8 APO Stereo Microscope Stereoscope is in good working order with all of its aspects tested and fully functional.
Microscope and optics have been professionally cleaned by our microscopy technical team.
This inspection is repeated prior to the microscope being packed for shipping to its new destination.
Please see the exact video and photos below.
Testing we performed:
This Leica S8 APO Stereo Microscope Stereoscope passed all tests and was found to be fully functional:
Tested fluorescence lamp and source fully: PASSED
Tested reflective fluorescence light path: PASSED
Tested objective for clarity: PASSED
Tested port-splitter to split between camera and eyepieces: PASSED
Tested mechanical Z-axis: PASSED
Tested mechanical fluorescence slider: PASSED
Tested connection from camera to laptop: PASSED
Tested live feed for clarity: PASSED
Tested all filter slides: PASSED
During testing this Leica S8 APO Stereo Microscope Stereoscope was found to have no issues.
A clear image was produced through the eyepieces as well as through the camera port.
All of the mechanical/ motorized components moved freely and the test sample was able to be focused without excessive effort.
System consists of:
Leica S8 APO Stereoscope
(2) 10x/23 Eyepieces
Kramer Scientific Fluorescence Path
EL6000 Light Guide
FITC (green): EX 480/30, DM 505, EM 535/40
TRITC (orange): 545/25, DM 565, EM 605/55
EL6000 Metal Halide Lamp
100% Eye or 50/50 Eye/camera
AmScope MU1403 14 MP Digital Color Camera
Computer and Software:
Computer running AmScope software
Communication and power cables
Configuration and Setup:
Illumination Type: Fluorescence
Objectives: APO 0.63x
Light Sources: EL6000
This Leica S8 APO Stereo Microscope Stereoscope is currently set up for Reflective Fluorescence studies.
The AmScope MU1403 digital color camera is capable of taking detailed digital images and videos.
The system includes a computer running the AmScope software for live feed and still images.
*This video shows the actual microscope in this listing.*
The video provides a walk around view of this Leica S8 APO Stereo Microscope Stereoscope and its included components.
A functionality demonstration has been performed to show proper operation of the Leica S8 APO Stereo Microscope Stereoscope.
Any available additional options functionality has also been demonstrated.
This will ship via freight. Please contact us with your zip code to obtain shipping quote.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Internal link to item
Second link to view
Here we are showing you our standard packing process
1. All items are different, but they all follow the same principle when packaging.
2. Start with a well-constructed crate
A well-constructed crate would consist of 1/2” to 5/8” Plywood with framing. We generally purchase our crates from a third party who specializes in custom crates.
3. You always want the Instrument to not be directly on the wood deck of the crate. This is done by placing it on foam, inside of the crate. We use 2” 1.7 lb. density foam which works great. It provides cushioning and enough firmness to support the Instrument.
4. The next step is to make sure there is nothing on the deck of the Instrument and the Head/ Arm is secured. In some cases there will be multiple arms to secure but for this example there is only one. The reason for this is so there is no free movement during transit which could cause serious damage to the Instrument.
5. The next step is to make sure your Instrument is covered in either a pallet bag or shrink wrap so no dust or foreign object will get into the crate.
6. The next step is to secure the instrument inside the crate by bracing. We use a method of 2x4’s which have 1” foam shrink wrapped to them so no piece of wood touches the actual instrument.
7. Final step is to photograph everything inside the crate and then seal it with screws.
All equipment warranty request must have a support case opened within the 60-day Domestic USA and 30-day International warranty period.
To open a support case, please send an email to [email protected] or call (508)974-4896.
Please provide your name, contact information, quotation/invoice number and a brief description of the issue that you are experiencing.
Phone and/or Email support will be provided prior to scheduling a return.
Please see the link below for our detailed warranty statement.
Customers must retain all original shipping materials during the warranty period.