- Stock: SOLD
- Brand: Beckman Coulter
- Product Code: 26435
Here is a Beckman Biomek FXp Liquid Handler w/ Span8, 96-Multi, Gripper
Setup with Span-8 Arm and 96-Multichannel Arm with Gripper
New costs around $150K
- This liquid handler includes two independent arms, one with a 96 head and the other with a Span 8 head.
- This system is set up to allow for reservoir to plate and plate to plate transfers
- The 96 head is capable of liquid transfers up to 200ul per transfer
- The Span 8 is capable of liquid transfers up to 250ul per transfer
- The 96 head has its own set of grippers to move labware around the deck
- There are 18 individual plate carrier positions that will accommodate microplates, reservoirs, or tipboxes on the deck
- The use of disposable tips ensures there will be no cross contamination of samples, as well as, maintaining liquid transfer accuracy
- This system will be correctly packed for safe shipping domestically and internationally.
This Beckman Biomek FXp Liquid Handler is in good working order.
A software update from the manufacturer is needed to use the selective tip option on the multi-channel head.
The canopy has minor cracks that do not affect the function of the liquid handler.
Please see the exact video and photos below.
Testing we performed:
The Beckman Biomek FXp Liquid Handler passed all tests and was found to be fully functional:
Tested initialization: PASSED
Tested Multichannel arm liquid transfer: PASSED
Tested Span 8 arm: PASSED
Tested plate gripper labware transfer: PASSED
Tested tip wash and disposal: PASSED
We run this Beckman Biomek FXp Liquid Handler through testing methods designed to utilize and verify the proper function of all features and exercise all moving parts.
After verifying that all systems are tested satisfactorily, we thoroughly clean and lubricate the equipment to prepare for the demonstration video shown in the listing.
Due to this work, you can buy confidently knowing this Beckman Biomek FXp Liquid Handler is ready to go.
System consists of:
Beckman Coulter Biomek FXp Laboratory Automation Workstation
96-Multichannel Arm with Gripper
Tip Loader Block
Span-8 Teach Tool
Multichannel Teach Tool
3x4 deck position
1x3 deck position
Selective tip tool holder
1x1 deck positions (Qty 3)
PC running Biomek software ver3.3
Communication and power cables
Configuration and Setup:
Robotic Arm(s): Span8 Arm, 96-Multichannel with Gripper
Channels: 8 and 96
Volume: 1 to 250ul for all channels on Span-8 and max of 200ul on 96-channel arm
Disposable Tips: 20, 50, and 200ul can be used
Application: liquid handling and sample preparation
The video starts with a front view of the Beckman Biomek FXp Liquid Handler. The multiprobe head fills a microplate with liquid.
The Span8 fills one column of the microplate with another liquid. The multiprobe gripper moves the microplate across the deck and places it in the left position.
The camera moves 360 degrees around the Beckman Biomek FXp Liquid Handler.
Start-Up Manual: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p9SW4RdqFtBG-fpxGxZU8Vjbx658jx4n/view?usp=sharing
User Manual: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwHznQS-d5syOW1kNDdwM3loVjA/view?resourcekey=0-dcroczMju0a2Loz9TpUv2Q
This will ship via freight. Please contact us with your zip code to obtain shipping quote.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Here we are showing you our standard packing process
1. All items are different, but they all follow the same principle when packaging.
2. Start with a well-constructed crate
A well-constructed crate would consist of 1/2” to 5/8” Plywood with framing. We generally purchase our crates from a third party who specializes in custom crates.
3. You always want the Instrument to not be directly on the wood deck of the crate. This is done by placing it on foam, inside of the crate. We use 2” 1.7 lb. density foam which works great. It provides cushioning and enough firmness to support the Instrument.
4. The next step is to make sure there is nothing on the deck of the Instrument and the Head/ Arm is secured. In some cases there will be multiple arms to secure but for this example there is only one. The reason for this is so there is no free movement during transit which could cause serious damage to the Instrument.
5. The next step is to make sure your Instrument is covered in either a pallet bag or shrink wrap so no dust or foreign object will get into the crate.
6. The next step is to secure the instrument inside the crate by bracing. We use a method of 2x4’s which have 1” foam shrink wrapped to them so no piece of wood touches the actual instrument.
7. Final step is to photograph everything inside the crate and then seal it with screws.
All equipment warranty request must have a support case opened within the 60-day Domestic USA and 30-day International warranty period.
To open a support case, please send an email to [email protected] or call (508)974-4896.
Please provide your name, contact information, quotation/invoice number and a brief description of the issue that you are experiencing.
Phone and/or Email support will be provided prior to scheduling a return.
Please see the link below for our detailed warranty statement.
Customers must retain all original shipping materials during the warranty period.