- Stock: In Stock
- Brand: Beckman Coulter
- Product Code: 32141
Here is a Beckman Avanti J-25I Refrigerated Centrifuge w/ JA-17 Fixed Angle Rotor Pred J-26XP
This Beckman Avanti J-25I Refrigerated Centrifuge is in good working order.
Please see the exact video and photos below.
Testing we performed:
The Beckman Avanti J-25I Refrigerated Centrifuge passed all tests and was found to be fully functional:
Power up: PASSED
Control panel: PASSED
Vacuum pump: PASSED
Drive motor: PASSED
Test run to Max rotor speed: PASSED
By testing to the max RPM of the rotor with max Accell and Decell we are able to test performance within the capability of the rotor provided.
Max Accell/Decell performance tests the drive system by providing the most amount of strain available.
Additionally operating at max RPM requires rotor identification and friction reduction systems to operate without error.
Testing the refrigeration to the max cool verifies the system will be capable of operating at a set temperature.
Due to our testing of this Beckman Avanti J-25I Refrigerated Centrifuge is known to be good and ready to go.
System consists of:
Beckman Coulter Avanti J-25I Refrigerated Centrifuge
JA-17 Fixed Angle Rotor 17,000RPM
Configuration and Setup:
Maximum Capacity: 14 x 50mL (700mL total)
Max RPM: 25,000 RPM (17,000 RPM with current rotor installed)
Temp Range: -10 to 40C
Rotor Model: JA-17 Fixed Angle
The video gives an overview of the Beckman Avanti J-25I Refrigerated Centrifuge, and also performs functionality.
This will ship via freight. Please contact us with your zip code to obtain shipping quote.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Here we are showing you our standard packing process
1. All items are different, but they all follow the same principle when packaging.
2. Start with a well-constructed crate
A well-constructed crate would consist of 1/2” to 5/8” Plywood with framing. We generally purchase our crates from a third party who specializes in custom crates.
3. You always want the Instrument to not be directly on the wood deck of the crate. This is done by placing it on foam, inside of the crate. We use 2” 1.7 lb. density foam which works great. It provides cushioning and enough firmness to support the Instrument.
4. The next step is to make sure there is nothing on the deck of the Instrument and the Head/ Arm is secured. In some cases there will be multiple arms to secure but for this example there is only one. The reason for this is so there is no free movement during transit which could cause serious damage to the Instrument.
5. The next step is to make sure your Instrument is covered in either a pallet bag or shrink wrap so no dust or foreign object will get into the crate.
6. The next step is to secure the instrument inside the crate by bracing. We use a method of 2x4’s which have 1” foam shrink wrapped to them so no piece of wood touches the actual instrument.
7. Final step is to photograph everything inside the crate and then seal it with screws.
All equipment warranty request must have a support case opened within the 60-day Domestic USA and 30-day International warranty period.
To open a support case, please send an email to [email protected] or call (508)974-4896.
Please provide your name, contact information, quotation/invoice number and a brief description of the issue that you are experiencing.
Phone and/or Email support will be provided prior to scheduling a return.
Please see the link below for our detailed warranty statement.
Customers must retain all original shipping materials during the warranty period.