- Stock: In Stock
- Brand: Velocity11
- Product Code: 42189
Here is an Agilent Velocity11 Bravo Liquid Handler w/ 96-well Head, Gripper
Made by Velocity11, now branded by Agilent
- This system is equipped with a 96 multichannel head that allows for a liquid transfer up to 250ul
- This system is able to perform Plate to Plate transfers
- This system is able to perform Reservoir to Plate transfers
- The included gripper allows the labware to be moved around the deck
- This is a disposable tip system to prevent cross-contamination
- This system will be correctly packed for safe shipping either domestically and internationally
This Agilent Velocity11 Bravo Liquid Handler is in good working order:
Please see the exact video and photos below.
Testing we performed:
The Agilent Velocity11 Bravo Liquid Handler passed all tests and was found to be fully functional:
Communication with software: PASSED
Liquid transfer using 96 head: PASSED
Plate transfer using Gripper: PASSED
System consists of:
Agilent Velocity11 Bravo Liquid Handler
96LT 96-Well disposable-tip pipette head
(6) Deck platepad (standard Bravo)
(3) Alignment station (passive, 3-springed rollers)
Emergency Stop Button
Computer running VWorks Software
Communication and power cables
Configuration and Setup:
Robotic Arms: 96LT, Gripper
Channels: 96 (max 250 uL per channel)
Usable Tips: 10, 30, 70, 250 uL
Microplates: 96- or 384-well formats
Application: liquid handling and sample preparation
(9) customizable deck positions
The video gives an overview of the Agilent Velocity11 Bravo Liquid Handler, and also performs functionality.
This will ship via freight. Please contact us with your zip code to obtain shipping quote.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Here we are showing you our standard packing process
1. All items are different, but they all follow the same principle when packaging.
2. Start with a well-constructed crate
A well-constructed crate would consist of 1/2” to 5/8” Plywood with framing. We generally purchase our crates from a third party who specializes in custom crates.
3. You always want the Instrument to not be directly on the wood deck of the crate. This is done by placing it on foam, inside of the crate. We use 2” 1.7 lb. density foam which works great. It provides cushioning and enough firmness to support the Instrument.
4. The next step is to make sure there is nothing on the deck of the Instrument and the Head/ Arm is secured. In some cases there will be multiple arms to secure but for this example there is only one. The reason for this is so there is no free movement during transit which could cause serious damage to the Instrument.
5. The next step is to make sure your Instrument is covered in either a pallet bag or shrink wrap so no dust or foreign object will get into the crate.
6. The next step is to secure the instrument inside the crate by bracing. We use a method of 2x4’s which have 1” foam shrink wrapped to them so no piece of wood touches the actual instrument.
7. Final step is to photograph everything inside the crate and then seal it with screws.
All equipment warranty request must have a support case opened within the 60-day Domestic USA and 30-day International warranty period.
To open a support case, please send an email to [email protected] or call (508)974-4896.
Please provide your name, contact information, quotation/invoice number and a brief description of the issue that you are experiencing.
Phone and/or Email support will be provided prior to scheduling a return.
Please see the link below for our detailed warranty statement.
Customers must retain all original shipping materials during the warranty period.