|Most Hamilton STAR liquid handlers ship within 3-10 business days|
|STAR is complete and ready to use|
|Happy to provide Customer references available upon request|
|Customization and optional carriers available by request|
- Stock: In Stock
- Brand: Hamilton
- Product Code: SM100112-1
- Condition: Pre-Owned
Hamilton MICROLAB STAR Liquid Handler w/ Span-8, CO-RE Gripper
Condition, availability, and customization
- Fully Functional
- Fully Serviced
- Good condition
- Warranty 90 Days
- Savings between $70,000 and $200,000, depending on your configuration
- Multiple MICROLAB STAR Liquid Handlers on hand
Dispense volume will be verified via Artel MVS system, and a verification report will be provided prior to shipping.
- We are passionate about lab equipment!
- We offer detailed photos and videos of the instrument
- Are an approved vendor to most large US and Canadian Universities & Colleges
- Are an approved vendor to many US and International Biopharma companies
- We carry hundreds of advanced research equipment in stock
- Thousands of upgrade, modification, and repair parts are in stock for our customers.
- Remote installation and instrument operation training packages
- International shipping is no problem
- In Stock, Multiple MICROLAB STAR Liquid Handlers on hand if you require more than one
- The Hamilton STAR comes with parts and a labor 90 Days Warranty
- Remote installation and training options
- Smooth process from the initial quote to custom order fulfillment
- Customer references at many universities
Hamilton MICROLAB STAR Liquid Handler w/ Span-8, CO-RE Gripper Overview, and Application
Research Grade High Precision Automated Pipetting Robot
The MICROLAB STAR by Hamilton:
The Hamilton STAR Liquid Handler is a full-sized, automated pipetting tool offering precision, versatility, and reliability. Its air displacement technology ensures accurate volume handling, while its modular design caters to diverse lab tasks. With intuitive software and automation capabilities, it boosts productivity and reduces contamination risks. Durable and low-maintenance, it's an efficient solution for lab liquid handling.
- Sample Preparation
- Cell Culture and Cell-Based Assays
- High-Throughput Screening
- Protein Purification and Crystallization
- Drug Discovery and Development
- Biomarker Research
- PCR Setup
- Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) Library Preparation
- Genomics and Proteomics
Hamilton MICROLAB STAR Liquid Handler w/ Span-8, CO-RE Gripper Capabilities:
- This system is capable of plate-to-plate, reservoir-to-plate, and tube-to-plate transfers
- The CO-RE Gripper allows for plates and tip racks to be moved around the deck
- The optional addition of the Autoloader allows for sample tracking through the method/assay
- This system is set up for use with disposable tips and can handle volumes of up to 1000ul per channel (8 channels)
Robotic Arm: Span-8, 8 channels with volume: 1-1000uL
Usable Tips: 10, 50, 300, 1000uL, filtered or unfiltered
Gripper/Deck Transfers: CO-RE Grippers
This Hamilton MICROLAB STAR Liquid Handler w/ Span-8, CO-RE Gripper will include the following:
Hamilton Microlab STAR Liquid Handler
SPAN-8 pipetting arm
CO-RE gripper attachments
2 Sample Tube Carrier (various carriers available)
One Tip carrier (various carriers available)
One Plate Carrier (various carriers available)
Computer and Venus Software (includes monitor, mouse, keyboard, and necessary cables)
Options: (inquire for pricing and availability)
Additional Deckware carrier positions may be available (Please Inquire)
Shaking and heated positions
Some Customizations available (Please Inquire)
COMMON QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS BELOW
What are the benefits of having a Hamilton MICROLAB STAR Liquid Handler in your lab?
The Hamilton STAR is a versatile and highly automated liquid handling workstation that offers several advantages to customers, particularly those operating in a laboratory setting. Here are some of the key benefits:
Scalability: The STAR is scalable and can be upgraded or expanded as the needs of the lab grow. This makes it a future-proof investment that can adapt to changing requirements.
Automation and Efficiency: The Hamilton STAR automates routine pipetting tasks, which can significantly increase efficiency and productivity in the lab. It frees up valuable time for lab personnel to focus on more complex tasks.
Precision and Accuracy: The STAR is known for its precision and accuracy in liquid handling, which can help reduce errors, improve repeatability, and ensure high-quality results in experiments and assays.
Versatility: The STAR can handle a wide range of labware and volumes, making it suitable for a variety of applications, from genomics and proteomics to cell biology and drug discovery.
User-Friendly Software: The workstation comes with user-friendly software that allows for easy programming and operation. This can help reduce the learning curve for new users and increase overall lab efficiency.
Reduced Contamination Risk: By automating pipetting tasks, the STAR reduces the risk of cross-contamination, which can improve the reliability and reproducibility of results.
Cost Savings: By reducing manual errors and increasing efficiency, the STAR can lead to significant cost savings in the long run.
Integration with Other Systems: The STAR can be integrated with other lab systems and instruments, providing a seamless workflow in the lab.
Steps you take to verify, service, and confirm the functionality of the Hamilton MICROLAB STAR Liquid Handler?
- We inspect the Hamilton MICROLAB STAR Liquid Handler for physical damage.
- The Liquid Handler components are inspected and cleaned.
- We perform motion/stress tests on all the Hamilton MICROLAB STAR’s robotic axis.
- We test the operation of the pipette heads, and they are verified via Artel MVS.
- Mechanical components inspected, adjusted, and lubricated if necessary.
- The proper operation of electronic components is confirmed.
- Necessary repairs and services are performed to make sure the Liquid Handler system will function as intended.
- We perform alignment calibrations and adjustments on each pipette channel.
- Necessary deck calibrations are performed, and software is taught to recognize installed deck positions.
What supplies do I need?
You will need the consumables starting out:
- Automated Liquid Handling Consumables | Hamilton Consumables (hamiltoncompany.com) – If you require Hamilton Brand
- Hamilton Tips at Thomas Scientific – for off-brand Tips
Can I view the Hamilton Liquid Handler in person at your facility or do a live Zoom demo before it is shipped to me?
We offer both onsite and remote demos via Zoom.
- We invite you to come in for an onsite Demo or schedule a Zoom demo of the Hamilton MICROLAB STAR Liquid Handler.
What about the warranty? Installation, training, maintenance?
Hamilton MICROLAB STAR Liquid Handler comes with a 90-Day Warranty.
- The warranty term is 90 Days from the date of the Hamilton Liquid Handler’s arrival at the destination.
- This includes parts and labor.
- Damage to the system due to the use of incorrect fluids, chemicals, or samples.
- Damage due to incorrect use.
- Electrical damage from plugging into an incorrect voltage.
- Improper storage procedures.
- Shipping damage not reported within 48hrs of delivery
- Issues caused by lack of proper standard maintenance.
- Moisture/Water damage.
- Physical damage.
Optional Training Package:
We can offer Hamilton Liquid Handler training (Remote setup, general software usage, and maintenance procedures guidance). This service is highly recommended to avoid a lot of the above issues.
What should I watch out for when buying a Hamilton STAR Liquid Handler used/pre-owned from another lab?
Basic steps to confirm quality:
- Confirm that all the Hamilton Liquid Handler’s robotic axis work; this is often a complex undertaking to repair if not already done.
- Confirm there is no present physical damage. (Cracked/broken panels allow air flow that can affect accuracy and are not cheap to replace)
- Confirm that the pipetting channels aspirate and dispense accurately.
- Make sure there are no loose/damaged components.
- Make sure the hood/door pitons work reliably; bad pistons can drop the hood suddenly, causing injury and/or spilled samples.
- Ensure the Hamilton Liquid Handler’s robotic axis do not skip steps, are not bent, and move freely on all axis.
- Confirm that the Hamilton Liquid Handler is appropriate to your application; Exchanging or upgrading your system after the fact will be costly.
- Make sure there are no missing components; it won`t be fast or inexpensive to correct.
If you have concerns, we highly recommend inspecting the Hamilton Liquid Handler in person or doing a live Zoom call; this will allow you to evaluate the Robotic Pipetting system and confirm that everything works.
Do you have Hamilton STAR Liquid Handlers on hand?
- We stock multiple Hamilton STAR & STAR Liquid Handler systems along with many replacement parts.
This procurement is for a University or College, are purchase orders with NET terms accepted?
- If you are a US or Canadian customer, we are likely already a registered vendor in your University's vendor system. This would greatly expedite the process of PO approvals and get the Hamilton Liquid Handler into your lab faster.
- POs are accepted from US and Canadian universities.
How fast will you ship?
- We can ship within a few days to 2 weeks. Ship times depend on the current demand for our instruments. Members of our sales team will be able to offer current estimates.
Will my instrument be insured during shipping?
- All Hamilton Liquid Handler systems are shipped fully insured within the US and internationally as long as we are a shipper and handle shipping arrangements.
- If the buyer handles shipping, then shipping insurance responsibility falls to the buyer; we highly advise that the buyer obtain shipping insurance from their carrier.
How do you pack? Have you packed and shipped Hamilton Liquid Handler? Do you ship Internationally?
- Most Hamilton Liquid Handlers ship in fully enclosed ISPM-15 certified wooden crates, with proper padding underneath and the sides, and have moving components braced.
- Accessories are packed safely in boxes with padding and then safely packed inside the crate.
- We may not use a crate for local deliveries to save you money *if delivered by us.
- We often use “tilt’ & “shock” indicators on the crates to ensure the crate has not been excessively tilted and dropped where equipment may suffer damage.
- Photos are taken during the packing process to make sure nothing is missed.
- Within US and Canada, we will ship via selected freight carriers. We do not use low-price/high-damage carriers as we want the equipment to get safely to you.
- Internationally we will only ship via Air Freight or Air Parcel (such as UPS, DHL), which provides reliability, no exposure to Ocean weather, and timely delivery.
We have extensive experience shipping robotic liquid handelers around the world.
Our experience and process
- We have safely packed and shipped hundreds of sensitive analytical instruments, including Hamilton MICROLAB STAR Liquid Handlers.
- Before final packing/shipping, the Hamilton MICROLAB STAR Liquid Handler is re-checked to verify performance.
*LA* Large Crate
How much will I save buying it pre-owned, and is it worth it?
A lot…and it is certainly worth it, and here is why. Feel free to ask for feedback from hundreds of customers that bought from us.
- You will save around 55-70% vs. buying a new Hamilton. Why not spend leftover funds on another instrument for your lab?
- You will get a 90 days warranty, plus, when available, an option to obtain an extended warranty agreement.
- Get peace of mind knowing that your instrument was tested and working the day it left our facility and is covered if there are faults.
The Hamilton MICROLAB STAR Liquid Handler could be priced up to $250,000. So why not save your funds by buying Hamilton MICROLAB STAR Liquid Handler used, get the High- Accuracy, and Quality you expect from Hamilton, and use your leftover funds elsewhere?
- Well, this one is easy; buying a pre-owned Hamilton MICROLAB STAR Liquid Handler is great for the planet; you are reducing unnecessary waste, CO2 output, and water use that would be used during the manufacturing process.
I have more questions; I want to receive a formal quote.
Hamilton MICROLAB STARlet Liquid Handler Brochure
(Click onthe PDF below to scroll thru it)
(Click on the empty blank/white space to scroll thru)
Hamilton MICROLAB STARlet Liquid Handler Manual
(Click on the PDF below to scroll thru it)
(Click on the empty blank/white space to scroll thru)
Here we are showing you our standard packing process
1. All items are different, but they all follow the same principle when packaging.
2. Start with a well-constructed crate
A well-constructed crate would consist of 1/2” to 5/8” Plywood with framing. We generally purchase our crates from a third party who specializes in custom crates.
3. You always want the Instrument to not be directly on the wood deck of the crate. This is done by placing it on foam, inside of the crate. We use 2” 1.7 lb. density foam which works great. It provides cushioning and enough firmness to support the Instrument.
4. The next step is to make sure there is nothing on the deck of the Instrument and the Head/ Arm is secured. In some cases there will be multiple arms to secure but for this example there is only one. The reason for this is so there is no free movement during transit which could cause serious damage to the Instrument.
5. The next step is to make sure your Instrument is covered in either a pallet bag or shrink wrap so no dust or foreign object will get into the crate.
6. The next step is to secure the instrument inside the crate by bracing. We use a method of 2x4’s which have 1” foam shrink wrapped to them so no piece of wood touches the actual instrument.
7. Final step is to photograph everything inside the crate and then seal it with screws.